Acts as a resource to assist in the design, development and implementation of web-based courses and course tools. Develops and implements College based training programs in use of web-based course tools and other instructional technology tools. Supports in the production of course ware and troubleshooting problems. Creates and disseminates communications. Performs limited system administration functions, researches advances in web-based course development technologies and recommends various products in instructional technology planning processes.
1. Provides support to in the development and maintenance of new technology based curricula and in applying technology to the instructional processes.
2. Works collaboratively with multiple departments throughout the college to design, develop, test and support online training, resources and administrative applications.
3. Collaborates with subject matter experts to design and develop solutions aligned to organizational goals through online web-enhanced courses utilizing effective online educational practices.
4. Provides design and production assistance in the development of electronic delivery methods.
5. Manages course projects from inception to completion, in addition to consults with individual or groups on optimal design of curriculum, instruction and effective uses of multimedia.
6. Designs and supervises production of learning resources in variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video and animation technologies to support curriculum offerings.
7. Researches and recommends advances on multimedia and course delivery software to improve delivery methods and operations.
8. Facilitate engaging training and development programs incorporating adult learning principles.
9. Tracks bugs as well as enhancements to ensure the proper routing of problems to vendors and staff.
10. Facilitates communications through various methodologies including listservs, websites, email, collaborative chat rooms and/or forums and other tools.
11. Manages, in collaboration with the Office of Information Technology and when applicable the various components of the instructional technology software applications including course database creation and registrations.
12. Interacts with various academic and administrative departments, vendors and/or systems to facilitate data collection and database updating.
13. Interacts with various administrators, departments and committees for the purpose of disseminating program information, activity coordination and planning purposes.
14. Creates documentation on internal procedures, prepares statistical reports and documents various activities.
15. Assists in the organization of college conferences, symposiums and other instructional technology programs.
16. Coordinates various instructional technology programs, resources, vendor relations and communications in coordination with the Office of Information Technology.
17. Other duties as assigned. These may include, but not limited to website development, event coordination, multi-media streaming, network storage and various administrative tasks.
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience [required].
2. Experience in instructional design, educational technology, distance learning, information science or related field [required].
3. Working knowledge of learning management systems, such as Blackboard, Canvas, Desire to Learn, Cornerstone [preferred].
4. Working knowledge of different authoring tools, such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and/or domiKnow.
6. Experience with interactive computer communications for instructional purposes.
7. Training, staff development and/or teaching experience.
8. A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
9. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, multimedia applications and authoring tools for instructional purposes.
2. Demonstrated written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with strong intellectual and analytical skills.
3. Ability to support and troubleshoot technical problems for PC and Mac users, especially software problems.
4. Ability to respond to common inquiries, feedback from employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community with professionalism, enthusiasm and superior customer service.
5. Self-motivator, organizer and detail-oriented team player that possesses the ability to participate in collaborative instructional development processes and activities.
6. Understanding of educational issues related to online teaching and learning.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; type/keyboard; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Employee must on occasion lift/move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.