Asst VP, Facilities &Maint Ops
Develops college-wide short and long term facilities plans with the Vice President of Business Operations and Finance. Provides planning, design and construction management support, sustainability expertise and other facilities related expertise to the College.
1. Provides leadership and oversight to all facility operations for the College.
2. Provides fiscal discipline and process management for construction projects.
3. Oversees performance of architects and contractors in the construction and/or maintenance of all College facilities. Manages stakeholder expectations and provides cost-effective and optimal recommendations.
4. Manages and oversees the creation of planning, fiscal, administrative and construction timelines for all campuses.
5. Serves as the primary liaison between the College and the DOE Office of Educational Facilities.
6. Serves as the primary liaison with the College operations group and one of the rotational leaders in the Operations Leadership team.
7. Communicates and coordinates with local city and county planning and engineering agencies on behalf of the College for short and long term planning programs.
8. Leads the efforts to secure qualified consultants for the planning, design, construction and repair of all College facilities and infrastructures.
9. Plans and leads the renovation projects in existing College facilities. Plans, evaluates and executes all furniture requests for the College.
10. Provides leadership to the maintenance and custodial operations teams to ensure optimized support to the College’s the learning environment.
11. Works in conjunction with the AVP of Operations and the Chief Information Officer in supporting facilities needs in the area of student learning.
12. Collaborates with Accounting department for managing operational and long term project budgets.
13. Presents to leadership and Board of Trustees as appropriate.
14. Strong advocate for the College’s sustainability initiatives and planning.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Progressive and significant experience with facilities planning practices and operational maintenance support.
3. Must be accessible and responsive by phone 24 hours a day.
4. A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
5. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
1. Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Prior experience leading and managing teams.
3. Experience with project planning and budget management.
1. Knowledge of facilities planning practices in a college setting.
2. Able to manage multiple complex projects and assignments at one time.
3. Very strong communication skills, orally, and in writing.
4. Strong motivator and leader that can influence the team in a positive manner.
5. Strong process and financial skills.
6. Strong problem solving skills.
7. Ability to balance both tactical and strategic efforts.
8. Skills in the use of a personal computer and applications applicable to the job.
9. Able to work in a diverse community and meet the needs of a diverse population.
The position will entail working in an office environment with frequent travel to various facilities throughout Valencia college campuses for construction visits and facilities site visits. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets and fax machines.
The noise levels in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be occasionally loud at onsite visits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms; climb, bend and stoop; walk and stand for long periods of time. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, or controls, type/keyboard and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.