Designs and implements recruiting marketing strategies design to attract students and employers to our short term training programs. Marketing strategies must target community partners, high schools, and other key business partners. These strategies focus on recruiting students and attracting employers to hire upon graduation
1. Identifies and develops professional relationships with employers, community and college and tracks information about relationships.
2. Strategically plans a variety of marketing for promoting our short term programs that promotes our value proposition and partners with the Valencia marketing team on projects.
3. Creates marketing materials, social media, and presentations for informational workshops on topics related to our short term programs to a variety of groups such as students, parents, employers, and community partners.
4. Develops and manages a variety of social media channels including creating content, managing posts, and mapping activity.
5. Designs and develops appropriate communication, marketing plans, materials and social media about our programs while bench marketing with other sources on best practices.
6. Organizes and develops the marketing (to include social media) for outreach initiatives for potential students, employers, and community partners.
7. Sets and achieves objectives and accountability standards as directed by the Director of Recruiting and Job Placement.
8. Assist the Director of Recruiting and Job Placement with compiling reports, analyzing data, and tracking and reporting recruitment and placement information.
9. Works collaboratively with the recruiting team and other college contacts to implement goals.
10. Plans, coordinates or assists with special programs or events designed to promote CAT to our community.
11. Conducts ongoing evaluations of recruiting marketing activities/data/information for market-freshness and effectiveness and provides regular reports on best practices to the Director and leadership team.
12. Exercise initiative, independent judgement and discretion in carrying out assignments.
13. Designs and develops tools for students with career maps, workforce placement, and employment skills.
14. Manages the marketing to employers about our students and develops marketing to promote employers who have hired our students.
15. Develops marketing materials/resources that promote/support funding opportunities and scholarships for students. Partners with Foundation as needed.
16. Monitors web activity by reviewing reports and presents data to leadership team and proactively makes suggestions for improvement.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
3. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Master’s degree preferred.
2. At least three years’ experience in designing, managing, and implementing, marketing targeted to students, employers, or community partners.
3. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
1. Knowledge of Valencia College, programs, and policies.
2. Skill in communicating effectively interpersonally, orally, and in writing.
3. Ability to work collaboratively with people.
4. Ability to access, input, and retrieves information from a computer.
5. Ability to develop and deliver related presentations.
6. Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and marketing initiatives.
7. Skill in the use of personal computers, electronic devices, and software programs for supporting projects.
8. Ability to frequently and efficiently travel locally between campus and off campus locations.
9. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; type/keyboard; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Employee must on occasion lift/move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.